With a broad range of experience in delivering school improvement and the high-quality teaching of RE, we can offer a variety of support to schools to enable the effective delivery of statutory aspects of RE and Collective Worship: from policy to practice, subject pedagogy and resources to the auditing and monitoring of the impact of your practice in your school. We have the experience to support your staff to be confident in their teaching of and leadership of this aspect of the curriculum.
We offer a bespoke service to meet your training needs and are happy to respond to your requirements following discussion. The list below shows the breadth of our offer, but we are able to tailor this to meet your specific requirements.
Support available includes:
- Understanding the new (2022) Agreed Syllabus for RE
- Religious Education subject review
- Review of SMSC in your school including Collective Worship and Fundamental British Values
- Support undertaking pupil and student consultations
- Religious Education subject audit and mapping to statutory requirements
- Policy review and development
- Consultancy in preparation for Ofsted
- Support to organise visits to places of worship
- Support devising lesson planning and resources
- Working with new co-ordinators – developing understanding and confidence in leading RE
- Staff inset and Governing Body training regarding aspects of RE including:
- meeting the requirements of the new Birmingham Agreed Syllabus: content, pedagogy and delivery
- using artefacts in the classroom
- delivering effective Collective Worship including statutory requirements and practical guidance
- how to teach a specific Religious Tradition – knowledge and practical application
- how to answer difficult questions in RE
“I’ve contacted Services for Education several times for advice with RE in school: planning, delivery and additional documentation. I’ve always found them very supportive and willing to help.” Nick Beattie, Assistant Principal, Blakenhale Juniors
For more information contact us here.
About the Adviser