During the course, participants will:
- Gain deeper understanding of the legal requirements around Relationships Education and embedding the statutory content into their existing curriculums.
- Discuss national guidance and links with the OfSTED framework for RSE
- Identify what constitutes “good practice,” discussing what topics might be taught at what age, drawing upon the use of a spiral curriculum in PSHE
- Learning how implementing RSE lessons within a broader PSHE framework supports the school’s duties in safeguarding children, promoting SMSC and providing a broad and balanced curriculum
- Examine a variety of resources, looking at how a bespoke approach might work best according to the school’s intake and culture
- Gain a deeper understanding of parental consent and withdrawal from certain aspects of the curriculum
For more information contact us here.
About the Adviser