This course is developed for all those who have day-to-day contact working with children from birth to age 5, to develop a wider awareness of safeguarding and child protection concerns. It will provide practitioners with an understanding of professional responsibilities according to statutory guidance (but not limited to, the Statutory Framework for the EYFS and Working Together to Safeguard Children) and practical knowledge of how to recognise symptoms of abuse and neglect and crucially what to do with this information in order to keep all children safe from harm.
Key skills and knowledge you will gain include:
- An understanding the difference between ‘Child Protection’ and ‘Safeguarding’
- A knowledge of your responsibilities as defined in statutory guidance
- A familiarity with signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect
- An understanding of the role of the key person
- A knowledge of how to respond to disclosures, by reporting, recording and referring
- An awareness of current issues of concern
- An understanding of safer working practices
- An appreciation of wider good practice
The course is interactive with videos, soundbites, activities and questions throughout to reinforce learning. There is also an end quiz, successful completion of which enables delegates to print out a certificate of learning. As a manager of a setting, if your staff complete this training this will increase your confidence that there is a consistency to your staffs’ understanding and knowledge in this crucial topic including how to lower the risk of any allegations being made against them.
Services For Education is a lead provider of EYFS, safeguarding and child protection staff CPD across Birmingham and the wider West Midlands. In developing this course our EYFS and Safeguarding teams have collaborated to ensure that the message is relevant and detailed in terms of safeguarding this age group specifically.
We also offer an online safeguarding course for EYFS school and setting leaders. Find out more here.
2021 Award Winners – GBCC Awards Excellence In Training and Education. For more information about our online safeguarding course contact us here.