This online course is designed to equip you to recognise and respond to situations you encounter where children may not be kept safe from harm and where their welfare is not fully promoted.
Key skills and knowledge you will gain:
- Understanding of the difference between ‘Child Protection’ and ‘Safeguarding’
- Knowledge of their responsibilities as defined in national and local guidance
- Familiarity with signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect
- Knowledge of how to respond to disclosures, by reporting, recording and referring
- An awareness of current issues of concern, an understanding of safer working practices and an appreciation of good practice